In recognition of the Winter Solstice Season, here’s a gift from the Naturist Place Blog to you — links to a variety of interesting pages about nudity and naturism. This is a very special time for naturists in the northern hemisphere, because the days now start getting longer (if not warmer), and we can look forward to the gradual return of our friend, the Sun — the source of life itself.
There will be more selections of miscellaneous links in the future, but for now, Happy Holidays!
[Note: “*” indicates the link is still valid, as of this update.]
- How to Introduce a Friend to Naturism
- Here are some great tips from the Federation of Canadian Naturists on how to turn your friends on to the pleasures of going naked.
- * Naturist Guide to the Movies
- ClothesFree International has prepared a very useful list of movies that contain scenes with non-sexual nudity. There’s a brief description of the movie, an indication of suitability for the whole family (i. e. whether there’s sex or violence as well as nudity), and still images from a few of the movies.
- Bibliographie Naturiste
- My friend Rouslan, who lives in France, has compiled an extensive list of books in many languages (mainly English, French, and German) that deal with nudity and naturism. It’s organized into categories, like children’s books, guides, essays, art, and health. The home page of this site is a directory of links to many sites in France and elsewhere outside the U. S. that should be of interest to people who like nudity.
- The Offense of Public Nudity
- Mark Storey offers a thoughtful essay that critiques the idea of public nudity as being “offensive”. It provides good arguments to use with people (such as public officials) who object to nudity in any public context (such as beaches) on the grounds that some people might be “offended”. The essay is located on the Body Freedom Collaborative site, which has a great deal of information about non-sexual public nudity in various forms.
- Bare Bushwalking in Australia
- This looks like a pretty comprehensive guide to nude hiking just about anywhere (within reason) in Australia. It includes news, opinions, and general information provided by an extensive list of nude bushwalkers. There’s a page of good advice for nude hikers anywhere, and a list of relevant external links.
- * Nude Hiking in the Yukon & Alaska
- Here’s another site for people who enjoy both nudity and hiking in the great outdoors. It includes a page of nude hiking etiquette and tips and a list of online sites that can help you find hiking partners. This main page contains lists of useful external links and books about nudity and naturism.
- * Nudity in Ancient to Modern Cultures
- This is a chapter from the book Therapy, Nudity & Joy: The Therapeutic Use of Nudity Through the Ages from Ancient Ritual to Modern Psychology by Aileen Goodson. It provides a quick historical overview of nudity in many societies and cultures from “primitive” ones, through ancient Egypt, Greece, and India. From there the focus narrows to China, Japan, and European cultures such as Wicca, early Christianity, the Victorian age, and 20th century naturism.
Originally posted December 23, 2005